Welcome to the charming province of Limburg, located in the northeastern region of Belgium. Known for its picturesque landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and welcoming atmosphere, Limburg offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and historical treasures. Explore the rolling hills, idyllic countryside, and enchanting villages that dot the region. Discover the vibrant city of Hasselt, with its lively markets, cultural festivals, and renowned jenever (gin) distilleries. Immerse yourself in the history and charm of Tongeren, Belgium's oldest town, where ancient Roman ruins and impressive medieval architecture await. Whether you're seeking outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or culinary delights, Limburg has something to offer for every traveler.
Important Locations and Points of Interest:
- Hasselt: Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the city, visit the Japanese Garden, explore the Fashion Museum, and indulge in local delicacies at the lively food markets.
- Tongeren: Step back in time at the Gallo-Roman Museum, wander through the medieval streets, and explore the famous Sunday antique market.
- Genk: Discover the unique blend of art, nature, and industry at C-Mine, visit the Open-Air Museum Bokrijk, and enjoy the vast Hoge Kempen National Park.
- Maasmechelen: Shop till you drop at Maasmechelen Village, a luxury outlet shopping destination, and explore the beautiful Mechelse Heide nature reserve.
- Bokrijk: Immerse yourself in the open-air museum, featuring historical buildings and exhibits, and enjoy the surrounding greenery and recreational activities.
- Sint-Truiden: Admire the stunning architecture of the Basilica of Our Lady, explore the charming town center, and visit the fruit orchards in bloom.