Welcome to the picturesque province of Waals-Brabant, nestled in the southern region of Belgium. Known for its scenic landscapes, charming towns, and rich cultural heritage, Waals-Brabant offers a delightful mix of history, nature, and gastronomy. From the magnificent ruins of Villers-la-Ville Abbey to the enchanting gardens of the Château de la Hulpe, this province is a haven for those seeking tranquility and exploration. Indulge in the renowned local cuisine, discover the fascinating history of Waterloo, and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Louvain-la-Neuve. Waals-Brabant invites you to experience its unique blend of old-world charm and modern allure.
Important Locations and Points of Interest:
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey: Explore the captivating ruins of this ancient Cistercian abbey, surrounded by lush greenery and picturesque landscapes.
- Château de la Hulpe: Discover the stunning gardens and parkland of this majestic castle, offering a tranquil escape from the bustling city life.
- Waterloo: Delve into history at the Battlefield of Waterloo, where the famous battle took place. Visit the visitor center and the Lion's Mound for a deeper understanding of the historic events.
- Louvain-la-Neuve: Experience the vibrant energy of this university city, wander through the pedestrianized streets, and immerse yourself in the cultural events and lively nightlife.
- Hergé Museum: Pay homage to the renowned Belgian comic book artist Hergé, creator of Tintin, and explore the fascinating world of his characters and stories.