Welcome to the captivating province of Namen, nestled in the heart of Wallonia, Belgium. Known for its stunning natural landscapes, picturesque towns, and rich cultural heritage, Namen offers a delightful blend of history, art, and outdoor adventures. Explore the medieval charm of its capital city, Namur, wander through charming villages along the Meuse River, and discover hidden gems in the lush Ardennes region. With its enchanting castles, scenic hikes, and renowned cuisine, Namen is a treasure trove waiting to be explored.
Important Locations and Points of Interest:
- Namur: Immerse yourself in the beauty of Namur, the provincial capital. Admire the magnificent Namur Citadel, stroll along the charming streets of the historic center, and enjoy panoramic views from the Félicien Rops Museum.
- Dinant: Discover the picturesque town of Dinant, nestled along the banks of the Meuse River. Marvel at the stunning Collegiate Church of Notre-Dame, take a boat ride along the river, and visit the birthplace of Adolphe Sax, the inventor of the saxophone.
- Rochefort: Explore the scenic town of Rochefort, famous for its Trappist brewery and the stunning Rochefort Abbey. Take a tour of the abbey, sample delicious Trappist beers, and enjoy the tranquility of the surrounding countryside.
- Citadel of Dinant: Uncover the rich history of the Citadel of Dinant, perched atop a rocky outcrop. Take a guided tour to learn about its strategic importance and enjoy breathtaking views of the town and the Meuse Valley.
- Ardennes: Embark on an outdoor adventure in the majestic Ardennes region. Hike through lush forests, explore ancient caves, and enjoy activities such as kayaking, cycling, and wildlife spotting.